Wednesday, February 1, 2017

100 laps between us


From Patty,
Our time is winding down in Kigali. It has been a rich and rewarding month, so we will be sad to leave. I've enjoyed sharing this experience with Kitt, Kyle, Ruth, Angela and Amélie. Truly, the dream team!

This morning Kyle and I did the "end-of-visit challenge".  Last year, Tristan and I swam 40 laps in the Serena pool.  Kyle and I vowed to achieve this goal again today. Kyle is a strong swimmer, male and half my age, so I jokingly suggested he should do 60 laps. Sure enough, we both met our targets: 100 laps between us.  This was followed by a huge breakfast. We are spending the day wrapping up loose ends.  Kitt and Kyle are excited about their upcoming safari in Tanzania. I will be leaving Rwanda tomorrow evening.

The two things I am happy about leaving are: 1.the noisy apartment and 2. Christmas music until at least the last day of January. If they play it again today, I might go quietly insane.

Last night we had an delightful evening with one of the HRH anesthesiologists and her family. It is certainly challenging to spend a year teaching in Kigali.

Here are a few random photos we haven't posted yet. 

Next question: Will Kitt try to achieve the new 60 lap challenge?



Gaston's daughter, Gwiza, heading off to school
Gaston, Florida and Patty





Flowers in Nyungwe


Nyungwe


Emmy in nature


The Dopest Shop (what do they sell?)
Kitt with her tailored African dress


So What Bar

Rooster, unwisely in front of chicken shop

Selfie at the Selfie Club


No Stesse Moses Couture






No comments:

Post a Comment