Sunday, February 9, 2014

home again

Mat and I are back in Halifax after a very long journey. It was probably 30 hours of travel, or more.

This is what I woke up to.



Canadian winter can be most beautiful - sunshine on bright snow, cold air, blue sky...

I am always struck by contrast when returning from Rwanda.  It is a great privilege to live in two places  and to have Africocanadianization (as Paulin calls it).  It was wonderful to have Mat's companionship and, of course, great to share Rwanda again with Michelle.  The Rwandan people are incredibly warm and appreciative.  We see improvements in medical practice and overall infrastructure each visit.  There are always moments when I ask how much longer I can keep doing this – usually when in the midst of GI illness, after a couple of days of not eating – but I will try.  Rwanda is all about open heart.  I feel very fortunate to be able to live in two very different, but wonderful, worlds.

Stay tuned for next January...

With love,

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment