Sunday, January 25, 2015

Just a quickie…

Just a short post from me tonight. I am toast after doing the weekend challenge workout with Michelle at the Serena on Saturday and the most challenging city walk ever today.  I’m quickly learning not to trust any Rwandan about how difficult or long a hike might be…

I was telling Patty this week that my preconceptions about Rwanda and its health care system as a low resource setting have been quashed.  I’ve come to see that for most, the fact that it is a low resource setting (albeit not the worst I’ve seen) doesn’t define the situation here.  Rather, I see people who want better and who are willing to work for it, in the hospital and all around.  What’s struck me most is the pride and dignity they carry themselves with.  I very much want to hang onto that when I head home.

That might be a bit corny.  Must be time for bed.


Amélie

Meraneza Club (hard core)

Kigali view with banana trees

No comments:

Post a Comment