Sunday, January 18, 2015

Michelle's thoughts

(Thursday)
Wow time is flying! 
Day 4 of the OR nurses course done. They are so eager to learn‎, receptive and every day Jocelyne and I admire them more and more.
Their operating rooms had no guaze sponges or water today and they were still doing surgery. We cannot comprehend this.

I truly love their personalities‎....every time I come here I feel like I am blessed with new friends.
We have many,many laughs together as we teach.

Road trip tomorrow after work to Lake Kivu, one of my favorite places in Rwanda. I will be looking for my soccer kids with new balls and shirts from Mark.

Patty is still working as hard as ever solving Rwanda's problems one by one.

Everyone have a great weekend!
XO michelle

(Saturday)
If I was to live in Rwanda this would be the place...Gisenyi.
Situated on Lake Kivu it is the 5th largest town in Rwanda. The fishing boats that are rowed out at sunset and back in at sunrise are one of my favorite sites here.
It doesn't have the craziness of Kigali and has so much more to offer with fresh air and spectacular scenery.

We have had a spectacular day. Amelie and I‎ went for a short run ( I thought Clayton Park was hilly!) first thing in the morning. 
Then all 5 of us went on a hike in the area for the morning....that is where we had the most heartfelt, happy morning with children from the village.
They run up‎, grab your white hands and walk with you.
Many speak some English and it is pure joy to be with them.

Now it is 7pm and we are are sitting by candlelight by the lake waiting for our fish brochettes for dinner...24 C and crickets chirping.

I am a very lucky person.
XO michelle

Fishing boats on Lake Kivu

Michelle knocking back a Mutzig


A marriage proposal and offer to move to Congo (immediately!)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the photos of the hike and I hope you post some more from Lake Kivu and Gisenyi. Congratulations to Amelie on getting hitched so quickly after arrival. I'm not sure about the move to Congo though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete