Sunday, January 21, 2018

waking from Malarone dreams

I woke up this morning to hearty bird calls and a palm trees silhouetted on a pink sky, having had a deep sleep with vivid malarone dreams (a long cycling journey through nature, time travel and a powerful meeting with my Buddhist teacher, who died over 30 years ago). The sky has quickly gone from pink to blue. Children are singing and playing at a nearby school but it must be a boarding school because it's 6:00 AM and they are wide awake, or else it is a massive sleepover.

Because our group is so big, Michelle and I stayed the past two weeks in a different apartment in a quiet neighbourhood. What a relief! Instead of "sleeping in a bar" in Nyamirambo, it is quiet at night until the birds begin their lively chats in the morning.

Michelle left last night; I will miss her so much. We are a ideal pair. She is energetic, talented and always positive. This comes in handy during my odd emotional melt down (usually over lack of water).

Academic day is today and then I'm off  tomorrow to Butare for four days to help Gaston with the pain management program.

With Michelle on her way home, I'll be moving back to our noisy Nyamirambo apartment tonight. Bring on the all night music... Boom boom boom

No comments:

Post a Comment