Tuesday, January 12, 2016

more from Michelle

I hear there is a big snow storm coming to Halifax.  Hang in there everyone! I won’t complain about being sweaty every minute here.  I love it.
We had a wonderful but long journey on Sunday to Akagera National Park....saw elephants, giraffes, zebras, pumbas, water buffalo, antelope, hundreds of birds, hippos, crocodiles.  Amazing.
I am so enjoying this week working with the OR nurses here again.  I am observing their scrub skills in the OR and offering suggestions and reminders on good practice.  They are so receptive and appreciative.  I am truly seeing an attempt at better standards of care.  This is sometimes very difficult to do with the lack of materials, supplies and nurses.
We did a Simulation on team training and communication yesterday.  Great experience for everyone.  I was the patient and survived the surgery so we did something right!
The Africa National Football Championships start on Saturday so I hope to go see Rwanda vs Ivory Coast.  Go Rwanda Go.
Derek was off on his own mission today to a facility called Aspire.  He was delivering a lot of the shoes we bought and soccer gear collected.  Can't wait to hear about his day.
I am inside hiding from a big thunderstorm enjoying a wonderful Rwandan coffee.
big hug from Rwanda,
michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment